AFE pdf notes – Here you can get lecture notes of Advanced Foundation Engineering Pdf Notes with unit wise topics. Here we have listed different units wise downloadable links of Advanced Foundation Engineering Pdf Notes where you can click to download respectively.
- This Advanced Foundation Engineering Notes Pdf book starts with the topics covering Introduction – Bearing capacity of Footings subjected to Eccentric and inclined loading – Meyerhoﬁ”s, Hansen’s, Vesic theories – Foundations on layered soils, etc.
AFE Notes-Advanced Foundation Engineering Pdf Notes – Free Download
Advanced Foundation Engineering pdf Notes – AFE pdf notes – AFE notes pdf file to download are listed below please check it
Latest Material Links
Advanced Foundation Engineering Notes Pdf (Old Material)
Old Material Link
Note:- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU. In R13 and R15, 8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- The introduction-bearing capacity of Footings subjected to Eccentric and inclined loading – Meyerhoﬁ”s, Hansen’s, Vesic theories – Foundations on layered soils.
UNIT – II
- Elastic settlement of Footings embedded in sands and clays of Infinite thickness – Footings on soils of Finite thickness-Schmertamaunn‘s method, janbu method.
UNIT – III
- Pile Foundations – static and dynamic methods-pile groups-negative skin friction-under reamed piles.
- Settlement of Pile groups resting in sands and clays —laterally loaded piles- ultimate capacity of laterally loaded piles.
UNIT – V
- Lateral Earth pressures-Rankine – Coloumb’s and graphical methods — stability of cantilever and counter-fort retaining walls, Reinforced earth retaining walls.
UNIT – VI
- Cantilever sheet piles and anchored bulkheads, Earth pressure diagram – Determination of Depth of embedment in sands and clays – Timbering of trenches- Earth pressure diagrams – Forces in struts.
- Caissons and well foundations: Types of caissons – well foundations – different shapes of wells – Components of wells – functions and Design – Design Criteria – Sinking of wells — lateral stability by Terzaghi’s analysis.
- Foundations in Expansive soils — Problems in Expansive soils – Mechanism of swelling-Swell Pressure and Swelling potential-Heave-foundation practices-Sand cushion-CNS technique – under – reamed pile Foundations – Granular pile — anchor technique, stabilization of expansive soils.
1 Geotechnical Engineering by C. Venkataramah, New Age International Pvt.Ltd, Publishers (2002).
2 Analysis and Design of Substructures — Swami Saran, Oxford & IBI-I Publishing Company Pvt.Ltd (1998).
3 Basics and Applied Soil Mechanics by Gopal Ranjan & ASR Rao, New Age International Pvt.Ltd, Publishers (2002).
- Textbooks: Advanced Foundation Engineering Books
1 Das, B.M., – ( 1999) Principles of Foundation Engineering -4th edition PWS Publishing, Singapore.
2 Bowles, J.E., (1988) Foundation Analysis and Design – 4th Edition, McGraw-Hill International
3 Geotechnical Engineering: Principles and practices of soil mechanics and foundation Engineering by VNS Murthy, Taylor & Francis Group.
Follow us on Facebook and Support us with your Like