BMCP pdf notes – Here you can get lecture notes of Building Materials Construction Planning Notes pdf with unit wise topics. Here we have listed different units wise downloadable links of Building Materials Construction Planning Notes pdf where you can click to download respectively.
This Building Materials Construction Planning pdf Notes free download starts with the topics covering Properties of building stones – relation to their structural requirements. Classification of stones – Stone quarrying – precautions in blasting, Dressing of stone, Composition of good brick earth, various methods of manufacture of bricks, etc.
BMCP notes- Building Materials Construction Planning Notes pdf Free Download
Building Materials Construction Planning Notes pdf – BMCP notes pdf file to download are listed below please check it
Latest Material Links
Building Materials Construction Planning pdf Notes
Old Material Links
Note:- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
UNIT – I
- STONES, BRICKS, AND TILES: Properties of building stones – relation to their structural requirements. Classification of stones – Stone quarrying – precautions in blasting,
- Comparison between clamp burning and kiln burning.Dressing of stone, Composition of good brick earth, various methods of manufacture of bricks.
- Types of tiles. Use of Materials like aluminum, gypsum, glass and bituminous materials –
- their quality.Qualities of a good brick. Characteristics of good tile – manufacturing methods,
UNIT – III
- LIME AND CEMENT: Various ingredients of lime – Constituents of limestone
- Various file and laboratory tests for Cement.
- Various ingredients of Cement concrete and their importance –
- various tests for concrete.– classification of lime – various methods of manufacture of lime. Various types of cement and their properties,
- WOOD: Structure – properties – Seasoning of timber. Classification of various types of woods used in buildings
- Galvanized Iron, Fiber-reinforced plastics, steel, Aluminum. Defects in timber. Alternative materials for wood,
UNIT – V
- Rubble and Ashlar masonry, cavity and partition walls
- MASONRY: Types of masonry, English and Flemish bonds, Rubble and Ashlar masonry, cavity and partition walls.
UNIT – VI
- FOUNDATIONS: Foundations: Shallow foundations – Spread, combined strap and mat footings.
- BUILDING COMPONENTS: Lintels, Arches, Vaults-stair cases –
- Types. Different types of floors-Concrete, Mosaic, Terrazo floors, Pitched, flat and curved Roofs.
- Lean-to-Roof, RCC Roofs, Madras Terrace/Shell Roofs.Coupled Roofs,
- Trussed roofs- King and Queen Post Trusses.
UNIT – VIII
- Types of paints – Painting of new/old Wood – Varnish – Formwork and scaffolding.
- FINISHINGS: Proofing Damp and waterproofing- materials used. Plastering, pointing, whitewashing and distempering – Painting – Constituents of a paint –
1. R.Chudly “Construction Technology “– Volumes I and II” 2nd Edition, Longman, UK, 1987.
2. Building materials by P.C. Varghese, Prentice-Hall of India Private Ltd, New Delhi.
1. Building material by S K Duggal – New Age International Publishers; Second Edition.
2. Building Construction by B.C.Punmia, Ashok Kumar Jain and Arun Kumar Jain – Laxmi Publications (P) ltd., New Delhi.
3. Building Construction by P.C. Varghese, Prentice-Hall of India Private Ltd, New Delhi.
Follow us on Facebook and Support us with your Like