CMPS Pdf notes – Here you can get lecture notes of Computer Methods in Power Systems Notes pdf with unit wise topics. Here we have listed different units wise downloadable links of Computer Methods in Power Systems Notes pdf where you can click to download respectively.
- Power System Network Matrices-1: Graph Theory: Definitions, Bus Incidence Matrix, Ybus formation by Direct and Singular Transformation Methods, Numerical Problems, etc.
CMPS notes -Computer Methods in Power Systems Notes pdf Free Download
Computer Methods in Power Systems Notes pdf – CMPS pdf notes – CMPS notes pdf file to download are listed below please check it –
Unit 3 and 4
Unit 5 and 6
Unit 7 and 8
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- Power System Network Matrices-1
Graph Theory: Definitions, Bus Incidence Matrix, Ybus formation by Direct and Singular Transformation Methods, Numerical Problems.
- Power System Network Matrices-2:
Formation of ZBus: Partial network, Algorithm for the Modification of ZBus Matrix for addition element for the following cases: Addition of element from a new bus to reference, Addition of element from a new bus to old bus, Addition of element between an old bus to reference and Addition of element between two old busses (Derivations and Numerical Problems).- Modification of ZBus for the changes in network ( Problems )
- Power flow Studies-1:
Necessity of Power Flow Studies – Data for Power Flow Studies – Derivation of Static load flow equations – Load flow solutions using Gauss Seidel Method: Acceleration Factor, Load flow solution with and without P-V buses, Algorithm and Flowchart. Numerical Load flow Solution for Simple Power Systems (Max. 3-Buses): Determination of Bus Voltages, Injected Active and Reactive Powers (Sample One Iteration only) and finding Line. Flows/Losses for the given Bus Voltages.
UNIT – IV
- Power flow Studies-2:
Newton Raphson Method in Rectangular and Polar Co-Ordinates Form: Load Flow Solution with or without PV Busses- Derivation of Jacobian Elements, Algorithm and Flowchart. Decoupled and Fast Decoupled Methods.- Comparison of Different Methods – DC load Flow
Computer Methods in Power Systems Notes pdf – CMPS notes pdf
UNIT – V
- Short Circuit Analysis-1:
Per-Unit System of Representation. Per-Unit equivalent reactance network of a three phase Power System, Numerical Problems.
Symmetrical fault Analysis: Short Circuit Current and MVA Calculations, Fault levels, Application of Series Reactors, Numerical Problems.
- Short Circuit Analysis-2:
Symmetrical Component Theory: Symmetrical Component Transformation, Positive, Negative and Zero sequence components: Voltages, Currents and Impedances.
Sequence Networks: Positive, Negative and Zero sequence Networks, Numerical Problems.
Unsymmetrical Fault Analysis: LG, LL, LLG faults with and without fault impedance, Numerical Problems.
- Transfer Reactance, Synchronizing Power Coefficient, Power Angle Curve and Determination of Steady State Stability and Methods to improve steady state stability.
- Power System Steady State Stability Analysis,Elementary concepts of Steady State, Dynamic and Transient Stabilities. Description of Steady State Stability Power Limit,
- Critical Clearing Angle Calculation.- Solution of Swing Equation: Point-by-Point Method. Methods to improve Stability – Application of Auto Reclosing and Fast Operating Circuit Breakers.
- Power System Transient State Stability Analysis:Derivation of Swing Equation. Determination of Transient Stability by Equal Area Criterion, Application of Equal Area Criterion,
1. Power System Analysis by Grainger and Stevenson, Tata McGraw Hill.
2. Power System Analysis – by A.R.Bergen, Prentice Hall, Inc.
3. Power System Analysis by Hadi Saadat – TMH Edition.
4. Power System Analysis by B.R.Gupta, Wheeler Publications.
1. Power System Analysis operation and control , Abhijit Chakrabarthy, Sunitha Haldar, 3rd edition PHI, 2010.
2. Modern Power system Analysis – by I.J.Nagrath & D.P.Kothari: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing company, 2nd edition.
Follow us on FB – Smartzworld