DMM 2 Pdf Notes – Here you can get lecture notes of Design of Machine Members 2 Notes Pdf with unit wise topics. Here we have listed different units wise downloadable links of Design of Machine Members 2 Notes Pdf where you can click to download respectively.
DMM 2 Notes-Design of Machine Members 2 Notes PdfFree Download
DMM 2 pdf notes – DMM 2 notes pdf file to download are listed below please check it
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- SLIDING CONTACT BEARINGS: Types of Journal bearings – bearing design – bearing materials —basic modes of Lubrication — Bearing construction – Selection of lubricants.
UNIT – II
- ROLLING CONTACT BEARINGS: Types of rolling contact bearings – Design for cyclic loads and speeds – — selection of bearing type – selection of bearing lifeStatic and dynamic loading of ball & roller bearings.
- DESIGN OF I C ENGINE PARTS: Connecting Rod : Thrust in connecting I rodCranks and Crank shafts. strength and proportions of over hung and center cranks – Crank pins. Crank shafts. Pistons. Forces acting on piston – stress due to whipping action on connecting rod ends – – Construction Design and proportions of piston.. Cylinder. Cylinder liners.
- POWER TRANSMISSIONS SYSTEMS, PULLEYS: Transmission efficiencies, Belts – Flat and V types – Ropes – pulleys for belt and rope drives. Materials. Transmission of power by Belt and Rope drives . Chain drives.
UNIT – V
- SPUR GEAR DRIVES: Spur gears- Load concentration factor ~ Dynamic load factor. Surface compressive strength – Bending strength check for plastic deformation. Check for dynamic and wear considerations. Design analysis of spur gears – Estimation of centre distance, module and face width.
- HELICAL AND BEVEL GEAR DRIVES: Helical and Bevel gears – Bending strength — Design anal ysis of Helical and Bevel gears – Estimation of centre distance.Load concentration factor – Dynamic load factor. Surface compressive strength module and face width, check for plastic deformation. Check for dynamic and wear considerations.
- DESIGN OF POWER SCREWS: differential screw. ball screw- possible failures.Design of screw. Square ACME . Buttress screws. design of nut. compound screw.
- DESIGN OF WORM GEARS: Worm gears Properties of worm gears- Force analysis – Selection of materials —‘ Strength and wear rating of worm gears – Friction in worm gears- thermal considerations.
l. Machine Design by V.Bandari. TMH Publishers
2. Machine Design I R.N. Norton
3. Mach. Engg. Design I IE Shigley
4. Design of machine elements by Pandya and Shah
1. Design of Machine Elements by Kulkarni. Mc Graw Hill
2. Machine Design, by T.V.Sundararajan Murthy and.Shanmugam – Anuradha Publications.
3. Design Data Books – P.S.G. College of Technology – Mahadevan