GATE 2015 Engineering Science Question Papers with Solutions
Here you can find in the below link of GATE 2015 Engineering Science Question Papers with Solutions of all previous question papers download links are updated below:
Complete GATE 2015 Engineering Science Question Papers with Solutions
Few Same questions from previous Gate XE question papers are listed below:
1. In an ideal Rankine cycle, increase in superheat of vapor at the exit of boiler leads to
(A) decrease in net work output from the cycle
(B) increase in cycle efficiency
(C) decrease in cycle efficiency
(D) decrease in quality of steam at the exit of the turbine
2. An ideal gas of 1 kg mass enclosed inside a rigid vessel at the initial temperature 1200 K is employed as a heat source. The specific heat Cv of the gas is 718 J/kg K. The maximum work in kJ that can be developed by operating a heat engine between the ideal gas and the ambient at 300 K is
3. A cycle 1-2-3-1 is proposed with the following processes: 1-2: Constant pressure expansion, 2-3: Reversible adiabatic expansion, 3-1: Irreversible adiabatic compression. Which one of the following statements is TRUE?
(A) The net work of the cycle is zero because there is no heat transfer.
(B) The cycle is feasible and can deliver net positive work.
(C) The cycle is impossible according to Kelvin-Planck statement.
(D) The cycle is impossible in accordance with First Law of Thermodynamics
4. Butyl rubber is a copolymer of
(A) Isobutylene and butadiene
(B) Butadiene and 1-butene
(C) Isobutylene and isoprene
(D) Isoprene and 1-butene
5. Weight average molecular weight can be determined by
(C) End group analysis
(D) Light scattering
6. In a unidirectional carbon fibre reinforced epoxy composite, the ratio of fibre-to-matrix moduli is 30 and the fibres take up 50% of the cross-section. The percentage of applied force taken up by the fibres is _____.
7. Which one of the following is NOT enriched in endosperm during parboiling of paddy?
8. Green tea is considered to be a more healthy option than black tea because it
(A) has high content of polyphenols
(B) is richer in thearubigin
(C) does not require any sweetener during tea preparation
(D) has no microbial load
9. Multiple effect evaporation leads to
(A) reduction in operating cost and reduction in capital cost
(B) increase in operating cost and increase in capital cost
(C) increase in operating cost and reduction in capital cost
(D) reduction in operating cost and increase in capital cost
Please feel free to comment below for any queries from Smart world Team