Radar system important questions (RS)
- What is blind speed? What are the methods used to eliminate blind speed in MTI Radars?
- Explain about range gated Doppler Filters?
- The MTI radar used by a traffic control police to measure the speed of vehicles. If the Doppler frequency shift measured from the moving vehicle is 2 kHz. Calculate the speed of vehicle, if radar is operating at 1GHz with PRF of 2000Hz.
- Discuss about the internal fluctuation of clutter which limits the performance of MTI Radar?
- Explain with the help of block diagram amplitude comparison monopulse radars for extracting error signals in both elevation and azimuth?
- Why does tracking radar have poor accuracy at low elevation angles Explain?
- With diagrams explain Split-range-gate tracking?
- Compare the different trackers?
- Discuss the relations between the matched filter characteristics and correlation function?
- Explain detection criteria in radar signals?
- Explain how a multiple frequency CW radar technique is used for the accurate measurement of distance in surveying and in missile guidance?
- What is FM altimeter? Explain how it works and what are the applications of it?
- Define the noise figure of a radar receiver. Derive an expression for the noise figure of N networks that are in cascade.
- Explain the different types of displays used in radar receiver?
- Discuss Radar CRT phosphor characteristics?
- Explain about Color CRTs?